10.8.10

Return.

Notes on

RETURN.

This house is both interior and exterior space.

It serves as an established setting as well as a container for the word picture to reside. My representation of this house is an attempt to craft a visual story that resists painting too precise a picture, thus relinguishing control of the picture making process to the audience.

I pair two often opposed narrative forms: motion picture and literature so each may effectively subliminate to strength of the other to create a synthesis of form.

I withhold key visual information as an invitation to the viewer to fill in the blanks.

I impose no specific voice to the narration so the reader must insert their own.

Through this approach to narrative process, I hope to cultivate a succinct and immersive relationship between audience and storyteller that engages the interpretive flux of communication through a collision of form.

No comments:

Post a Comment